Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MidgardSilver
    My point relates to my original post where I ask for information regarding DNA analysis of Ukrainians for the presence of Swedish genes. In other words, how much of the old Rus is still in the people. I don't recall denying that the Ukrainians are Slavic in my post. Being blonde and having blue eyes doesn't always indicate a Germanic heritage, but there are many Ukrainians I know that do resemble Swedes.

As well, Erik, I think you misunderstand my post because I did not place Viking and Heathen as synonymous terms. Historically, not all Vikings were Heathen, as you know that many later became Christians and some were atheist or at least apathetic towards the old gods. My query was in regards to those Vikings who sailed into that part of Eastern Europe, lived among the Slavs there, and left their genes as they blended in with the people who inherited those Vikings' name for their lands. The Russians, Ukrainians and Byelorussians are part of that legacy. They are Slavs, yes, but to a degree, they also have Scandinavian connection, just as do many Irish, English, Scottish and Normans. Maybe even some North American Indians too? But that is pure speculation...

Regards,

Heh, this is what I was trying to get Singalong to see for himself.

There is a reason I am trying to get the youth of the movement to use the damn thick skulls for something besides headbanging (believe me, I want to BEAT sense into them and their damn comic book mentality). For some freaking reason they want to argue and argue and argue with people who KNOW (some of us went to school and learned a lot of facts though study for this stuff - what is funny is that most of this "new news" we were discussing in class a long time ago) instead of shutting their OPINIONS off for five minutes for FACTS.

But, hell.... What do I know...
    Your ridiculous little opinion has been noted.

The Bible says that Jesus died for our sins. Couldn't you say the same thing about King Kong, Cool Hand Luke, and Frankenstein?

I am taking applications for a new Anger Monkey - please post stupid things to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Don vonMilikowski
    Heh, this is what I was trying to get Singalong to see for himself.

There is a reason I am trying to get the youth of the movement to use the damn thick skulls for something besides headbanging (believe me, I want to BEAT sense into them and their damn comic book mentality). For some freaking reason they want to argue and argue and argue with people who KNOW (some of us went to school and learned a lot of facts though study for this stuff - what is funny is that most of this "new news" we were discussing in class a long time ago) instead of shutting their OPINIONS off for five minutes for FACTS.

But, hell.... What do I know...
    I don't know, I tend to use my noggin for a bit more than just swinging the (now nonexistant) long hair around.... but just barely.

But hey guys! Most anthropologists down here with masters degrees and beyond think that we are all of black descent too!

Maybe I am part !Kung after all.....
    Homosexual Odinist Regime - true brotherhood of the erect sword

As I understand it most “academics” in the post-Boasian anthropological world deny that race is even a biological factor let alone social.
    Death closes all: but something ere the end,
    Some work of noble note, may yet be done,
    Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.

We are not now that strength which in the old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal-temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Ulysses, Alfred Tennyson

Quote Originally Posted by Liffrea
    As I understand it most “academics” in the post-Boasian anthropological world deny that race is even a biological factor let alone social.
    …Well, those academics that readily get funding, anyway. Academia is riddled with politics, and “race” is definitely one of those touchier topics in today’s political world.

Full Members

Actually, the first written accounts of "Vikings" were by Ibn Fadlan on the Volga river.